Thursday, January 24, 2013

Visual Studio Programming Tutorial

This is the first in a line of tutorials teaching those new to Visual Studio how to create programs in VB.NET. The target audience is primarily my colleagues at work, but I wanted to share with anyone who is trying to learn programming. With that, many of the subjects I cover will have a business slant.

Important Note:
The code in this tutorial does not represent the absolute best way to do something. There are hundreds of ways to accomplish almost any task, and the purpose of this tutorial is to get people up and running with the basics as quickly as possible while maintaining accuracy and understanding, so there has to be a balance between speed of learning and depth of the subject matter. If you want to know more about a certain subject, use Google.

The comments will be open and I will answer questions related to the post in question including any problems you may have in understanding the material. I will NOT answer random questions about your specific program or help you with your homework, any comments related to these will be deleted.

I hope you find this tutorial helpful.

No comments: